Information updated as of April 1st, 2019
St Patrick’s Baseball – 2019 Season Information
Opening Day is scheduled for April 6th, 2019. We will begin at St Patrick’s Church for a quick service. Clinic and Explorer teams will proceed to the gym to meet their coaches and get uniforms. In-house upper division teams will have games at the St Pats field starting at 11am. Stay tuned for game day details.
Where: St Patricks Church, 9511 4th Ave
What: Blessing Service
Clinic and Explorers (PreK-2nd grade) – We do not have a formal clinic or game on opening day (primarily due to the chaos of opening day, the parade, etc). The regular schedule for the program begins on the FOLLOWING Saturday (April 13th, 2019).
3rd - 8th grade game schedules - Full schedules will be released by mid-April.. All St Pats teams will play starting April 6th at the St Pats field.
What to Expect Next:
- For 3rd thru 8th graders - The coaches will be reaching out sometime after March to let you know what team your son / daughter is on this year and to inform you of the practice schedule.
- For Clinic and Explorers - The coaches will reach out by the end of March. There are no practices for clinic and explorers prior to opening day
- Uniform Hand Out - The coaches will have the uniforms before the opening day blessing and parades and will coordinate getting them to all of the players
- All players are encouraged to participate in the blessing and parade - details below
Spring Season In-House Information
PreK - 2nd Grade Registration
3rd - 8th Grade Registration
- All registrations due by 3/12 to avoid being wait-listed and not having a uniform for Opening Day
- Rosters assigned by 3/15 – Coaches will begin contacting players with team details, practices, etc
In addition to the spring in-house program, St Patrick's will be participating in more competitive travel baseball programs that play in the wider Brooklyn area such as Kiwanis and NY Travel. Some details:
- We begin with winter workouts in January
- Tryouts are mid-March. The dates of tryouts are tentitive depending on how the weather cooporates
- Travel baseball is played as a double-header on one day on the weekend
- Players are expected to play both in-house and travel - that means there can be up to 4 games a week (2 in-house and 2 travel) plus practice
- Our travel program accepts players from any other of the in-house programs
- There are 3 levels:
- 8U (7-8 year olds)
- 10U (9-10 year olds)
- 12U (11-12 year olds)
- The age is based on the child's age as of April 30th, 2019
- There is an additional cost over and above the Winter Clinic and in-house registration fees. Exact costs TBD as the season gets closer.
If you are interested you should:
- Sign up for one of the Winter Workout Programs above
- Register for free for more information
Did you Know? You can add the schedule to your iPhone automatically by following these instructions